Quality in-venue mobile service: high in demand / low in supply
In-venue mobile service falls far short of user needs and expectations
- High availability mobile service is now widely considered the 4th utility and is a basic requirement for real estate investors and tenants. When it is not available, they go elsewhere.
- Although 80% of all mobile data traffic is consumed indoors, more than 65% of commercial buildings have moderate to severe mobile connectivity problems.
- Availability or lack of quality mobile service can affect property values by 28% or more, according to a 2016 global survey of 600 building managers conducted by Small Cell Forum..
High quality mobile service - a must for business and consumers
- Employees rely on mobile for most of their work communications. They experience frustration and inefficiency when calls drop and data stalls.
- In retail, hospitality and healthcare venues, poor quality mobile service reduces visitor traffic and dwell rates, thereby reducing average sales per square meter.
Mobile network operators cannot keep up
- With mobile data consumption forecast to grow by 1000%+ from 2017 - 2020 throughout Latin America (Cisco Systems VNI Report 2016), mobile network operators struggle to provide coverage and capacity to accommodate this demand.
- Property owners, enterprises and retailers should not assume that mobile network operators will invest adequately in network improvements to satisfy their in-building mobile coverage and capacity requirements.